To register a Patent in Colombia we require:
1. Complete inventor(s) or applicant(s) identification: name(s), address(es), Phone address(s) number address(s), E-mail address(es), and the identity document (ID) number. If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. Title of the invention
3. A patent specification, describing the invention for which a patent is searching protection: a description of the invention, embodiments of the invention and claims.
4. The specification must include drawings, diagrams and figures to aid the description of the invention, also gene sequences and references to biological deposits, or computer code, depending upon the subject matter of the application.
5. The application must includes an abstract which provides a summary of the invention.
6. The claims document with the scope protection of a patent granted by the patent.
7. The date, number and office of filing of any application for a patent or other title of protection that may have been filed or obtained in other countries about the same patent application.
8. The priority document issued by the competent authority, if you wish to claim Patent priorities.
9. A non official translation to Spanish Language of the priority document.
10. Receipt of payment of the application fee
11. The Power of Attorney. This POA must be notarized and legalized up to the Colombian Consulate in your country. Colombia not part of the Apostille Hague convention so if your country is part of The Hague Convention, then an Apostille is sufficient.
12. Assignment document, if the applicant is different from the inventor.
13. In all cases the Power of Attorney and Assignment document must be signed by all the inventors and by the applicant.
14. The copy of the access contract, If the products or processes for which a patent is sought have been obtained or developed from genetic resources or products derived.
15. The copy of the document accrediting the licensing or the authorization of the use of the traditional knowledge of the indigenous Afro-American or local communities, If the products or processes for which a patent is sought have been obtained or developed from this Knowledge.
16. where applicable, the certificate of deposit of biological material