There are some specific requirements and formalities that you always have to take into account, when you file a trademark registration application in Panama. Currently we are offering for Panama "SMOOTH" service only.
To register a trademark in Panama we require:
The minimun documentation required for us to give you an estimate time of a trademark registration filing is:
1. Complete applicant identification:
- Name or Corporation Name
- Complete Address
- Domicile (City and Country)
- Phone number and Fax
- E-mail address
- If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. It is necessary that you send us the trademark logo in .gif or jpg. format (If the trademark is stylized -logo-) . It has to correspond exactly to the sign (trademark) that you wish to protect. If the colours are important then you should send us the logo in colour.
3. Accurate and complete indication of the products or services that you wish to protect with the trademark. An application can only be filed for products or services included in one single class. Multiclass registration is not allowed in Panama.
4. The class according with the tenth edition of the Nice International Classifiaction http://www.wipo.int/classifications/nice/en/
5. The priority document issued by the competent autority, if you wish to claim trademark priorities. The priority protection is an entitlement, that allows you to protect your trademark in other countries, having as filing date the one of the filing in any country that you have registered your trademark, if there has not been over six months since the first application.
6. A simple (non-official) translation to Spanish Language of the priority document.
7. Our Power of Attorney.
8. Panamanian authorities require and affidavit concerning the use of the trademark on the country.