There are some specific requirements and formalities that you always have to take into account when you file a trademark registration application in Argentina.
To register a trademark in Argentina we require:
The minimun documentation required for us to give you an estimate time of a trademark registration filing is:
1. Complete applicant identification:
- Name or Corporation Name
- Complete Address
- Marital Status
- Domicile (City and Country)
- If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. It is necessary that you send us the trademark logo in .gif or jpg. format (If the trademark is stylized -logo-) . It has to correspond exactly to the sign (trademark) that you wish to protect. If the colours are important then you should send us the logo in colour.
3. Accurate and complete indication of the products or services that you wish to protect with the trademark. An application can only be filed for products or services included in one single class. Multiclass registration is not allowed in Argentina.
4. The class according with the ninth edition of the Nice International Classification http://www.wipo.int/classifications/nice/en/
5. The priority document issued by the competent autority, if you wish to claim trademark priorities.
6. Official translation to Spanish language of the priority document.
7. Our Power of Attorney. This POA must be sign before the Argentinean Consulate in your country. If your country is part of the Hague Apostille Convention, an Apostille is sufficient and consular legalization is not necessary. Check if your country is part of this convention in: