There are some specific requirements and formalities that you always have to take into account, when you file a trademark registration application in Bolivia.
To register a trademark in Bolivia we require:
The minimun documentation required for us to give you an estimate time of a trademark registration filing is:
1. Complete applicant identification:
- Name or Corporation Name
- Complete Address
- Domicile (City and Country)
- If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. It is necessary that you send us the trademark logo in .gif or jpg. format. It has to correspond exactly to the sign (trademark) that you wish to protect. If the colours are important then you should send us the logo in colour pointing out the exact colours that you wish to protect.
3. Accurate and complete indication of the products or services that you wish to protect with the trademark. Bolivian authorities require a detail list of products or services. An application can only be filed for products or services included in one single class. Multiclass registration is not allowed in Bolivia.
4. The class according with the Nice International Classification http://www.wipo.int/classifications/nivilo/
5. The priority document issued by the competent autority, if you wish to claim trademark priorities.
6. A simple (non-official) translation to Spanish Language of the priority document
7.Our Power of Attorney. This POA must be sign before the Bolivian Consulate in the applicant’s country. Bolivia is not part of the Apostille Hague convention so Apostilles will not be accepted in Bolivia as a valid legalization.