To register a Patent in Mexico we require:
1. Complete inventor(s) or applicant(s) identification: name(s), address(es), Phone address(s) number address(s), E-mail address(es), and the identity document (ID) number. If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. Title of the invention.
3. A patent specification, describing the invention for which a patent is searching protection: a description of the invention, embodiments of the invention and claims.
4. The specification must include drawings, diagrams and figures to aid the description of the invention, also gene sequences and references to biological deposits, or computer code, depending upon the subject matter of the application.
5. The application must include an abstract which provides a summary of the invention.
6. The claims document with the scope protection of a patent granted by the patent.
7. The date, number and office of filing of any application for a patent or other title of protection that may have been filed or obtained in other countries about the same patent application.
8. For priority claims, we only need the Priority country of origin, serial number and filing date of the priority.
9. Receipt of payment of the application fee.
10. The Power of Attorney. The POA required to be signed by the legal representative of society, if this is the applicant, or the individual. It is not necessary to be legalized before a Consulate.
11. Assignment document, if the applicant is different from the inventor.
12. In all cases the Power of Attorney and Assignment document must be signed by all the inventors and by the applicant.