To register a Patent in Chile we require:
1. Complete inventor(s) or applicant(s) identification: name(s), address(es), Phone address(s) number address(s), E-mail address(es), and the identity document (ID) number. If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. The cession document, if the applicant is different from the inventor. Assignment of the patent from the inventor(s) to its actual owner, if any. The assignments must be executed before a Notary Public and legalized before the corresponding Chilean Consulate.
3. Title of the invention.
4. A patent specification, describing the invention for which a patent is searching protection: a description of the invention, embodiments of the invention and claims.
5. The specification must include drawings, diagrams and figures to aid the description of the invention, also gene sequences and references to biological deposits, or computer code, depending upon the subject matter of the application. The application must includes an abstract which provides a summary of the invention.
6. The claims document with the scope protection of a patent granted by the patent.
7. The priority document issued by the competent authority, if you wish to claim Patent priorities.
8. A non official translation to Spanish Language of the priority document.
9. RECEIPT OF PAYMENT of the application fee.
10. The Power of Attorney. It is not necessary to be legalized before a Consulate, it is only necessary that The POA is signed by the legal representative of society, if this is the applicant, or the individual.
11. The date, number and office of filing of any application for a patent or other title of protection that may have been filed or obtained in other countries about the same patent application.
12. Copies of the results of the international searches.