To register a Patent in Bolivia we require:
1. Complete inventor(s) or applicant(s) identification: name(s), address(es), Phone address(s) number address(s), E-mail address(es), and the identity document (ID) number. If the applicant is a corporation, it is required the same information noted above, for the legal representative.
2. The cession document, if the applicant is different from the inventor.
3. Title of the invention.
4. A patent specification, describing the invention for which a patent is searching protection: a description of the invention, embodiments of the invention and claims.
5. The specification must include drawings, diagrams and figures to aid the description of the invention, also gene sequences and references to biological deposits, or computer code, depending upon the subject matter of the application. The application must includes an abstract which provides a summary of the invention.
6. The claims document with the scope protection of a patent granted by the patent.
7. The priority document issued by the competent authority, if you wish to claim Patent priorities.
8. A non official translation to Spanish Language of the priority document.
9. RECEIPT OF PAYMENT of the application fee.
10. The Power of Attorney. This POA must be notarized and legalized up to the Argentinean Consulate in your country. Bolivia is not part of the Apostille Hague convention so Apostilles will not be accepted in Bolivia as a valid legalization.
11. The copy of the access contract, If the products or processes for which a patent is sought have been obtained or developed from genetic resources or products derived.
12. The copy of the document accrediting the licensing or the authorization of the use of the traditional knowledge of the indigenous Afro-American or local communities, If the products or processes for which a patent is sought have been obtained or developed from this Knowledge.
13. where applicable, the certificate of deposit of biological material.
14. the date, number and office of filing of any application for a patent or other title of protection that may have been filed or obtained in other countries about the same patent application.