Within 12 months after the first application, you must to file the application in Colombia. The deadline to present the priority document is 18 months after the first application.
In order to file the national patent application in Colombia we need:
a. Complete identification of the applicant:
– Complete name or corporate name
– Copy of identification document (if a natural person)
– Complete address
– Domicile (Country and City)
– Telephone number and fax
– If the applicant is a corporation it needs same information about the legal representative.
– Same information about the inventors
b. Simple translation to Spanish of the international application, which should have the complete description, claims, any text in the draws, and copy of them, the abstract, and modifications, if there are.
• The claims should be translated as they were initially presented, and as they were modified.
Regarding the Utility model patent, please note that the process is the same that invention patent but all deadlines are reduced to the middle and the time for publication is 12 months from the first application.