The patent owner has the exclusive right to prevent or stop others from commercially exploiting the patented invention. In other words, patent protection means that the invention cannot be commercially made, used, distributed, imported or sold by others without the patent owner's consent.
Articles in this section
- What happens after I’ve submitted my application?
- How long does patent protection last?
- What are the intellectual property offices in Latin America?
- What protection would you have with a patent?
- What is a patent?
- Plant Patents
- What is are Design Patents?
- Who May Apply For A Patent?
- What Can Be Patented?
- These are three types of patents