Industrial design rights are granted for a limited period. The duration of the protection of industrial designs varies from country to country, but it amounts at least to 10 years. In many countries, the total duration of protection is divided into successive renewable periods.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between the protection offered by a 3D trademark and that one offered by a drawing or design?
- Who can apply for an industrial design registration?
- What is a non-registrable design?
- Why are industrial designs relevant to my business?
- When should I file an application?
- How can industrial design rights be obtained in more than one country?
- What is the difference between an industrial design right and a patent?
- How are industrial design rights enforced?
- How long does industrial design protection last?
- How are industrial designs protected?