Only the owner of the industrial design may apply to register the design. The owner may authorize an agent to file an application on his behalf if he is not able to register it.
Articles in this section
- What is the difference between the protection offered by a 3D trademark and that one offered by a drawing or design?
- Who can apply for an industrial design registration?
- What is a non-registrable design?
- Why are industrial designs relevant to my business?
- When should I file an application?
- How can industrial design rights be obtained in more than one country?
- What is the difference between an industrial design right and a patent?
- How are industrial design rights enforced?
- How long does industrial design protection last?
- How are industrial designs protected?